Saturday, October 1, 2011

Princess and the pearl

Today was a typical saturday in Lagos i.e Weddings. I decided to be my mums handbag for the wedding she was attending today. I am wearing one of my first sewing projects; the lace blouse. I actually wore it to my first ever fashion show so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. The skirt is actually Lady BiBa, It was made for a client but she didnt pick it up so i decided to covet it and i actually love it. It is one of the season's hot trends and it is also easy to style. Here, i'm dressing it up, I would do another post later where i dress it down. My outfit was able to score me potential Lady BiBa clients! Score!!!



For some reason i've always related to the fairytale; the princess and the pea and pairing black and gold together gives off a regal look, don't you think.


The fabric rose ring is from tesco.. i think.. not sure but the necklace, other ring and earrings are from f21, the belt is a gift from a friend and purse is from my momma.



On that wanna be health nut note, *heavy sigh* I was supposed to do a herbal tea detox this weekend but reneged because of potential small chops which i did not get. Btw, what wedding does not have small chops *insert straight face*. I ended satisfying my junk food binge with kfc chicken and fries. I could hear my body crying "Noooo". I need more discipline but i'm only human. Hopefully, I'll have positive healthy news next time after all the body is the business, if you take care of it, it will thank you.
OHH and Happy Independence Day to those that acknowledge it. I have more to say on Nigeria at 51 but will save it for another post.

3 comments:

m said...

Nice dress... and post. I also love the small chops at naija weddings, they're the best!

uduak said...

this dress is so lovely! loving the neck candy too. i just discovered your blog and am hooked on it already!

MissAfroSwag said...

i love this outfits and am not really a fan of skirts especially something long...i love it down to the rings and the shoes. Its also nice to know that I am not the only 1 who sees her mother's wardrobe as her own.