Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Loving "Vintage Love" + Style Post

Jewel by Lisa, one of my favorite Nigerian Luxury brands recently released the lookbook for their spring summer collection which was shown at the Arise Africa Collective at Newyork Fashion week. I really love this collection because of the artsy feel to it. The vivacious prints and colour plus the simplistic style results to what i call a fashion bomb. This is not my first time blogging about JBL, i have done a couple of posts on my other blog and i'm sure this won't be the last. i'm a huge fan of her work!
So here are a few of my favorites from the collection,


And my favorite from the collection is this very dressy dress below. I love the silhouette, I'm sort of falling for the 40's dress styles a la karla of www.karlascloset.com I tweeted earlier that the dress has that soho (in newyork) vibe and in my other life as a newyorker, I would throw on a faux fur shrug and strappy Giuseppe Zanotti sandals.

Another thing I love about the JBL brand is how well they have embraced social media. check out the Vintage love meets Newyork video

I must admit its quite daunting to be throwing my personal style photos after a professional models' but well....... lol! Took these over a month ago and i haven't had the time to put it up till now

The skirt is Lady BiBa. I got the fabric at an amazing deal, 300 naira say whattt from my fabric stockist. i was going to make a dress then i had a designer's block and a midi was the next thing on my mind. It has become my go-to skirt for lazy style days. 


Its soo easy to wear and style. One thing i noticed is it makes me look shorter so if you are looking to create the illusion of height, the midi is not for you.



I styled it with one of my favorite necklaces  (dunno where its from) and a vest from h&m.

P.s: Hey there new followers! Thank you for joining my blog, even though you're just 10, I appreciate you guys and for those who come on my blog regularly you can show some love by following. Like i said i love feedback and your comments keep me going! Thank you all

2 comments:

kaytula said...

1st? :D
I love the JBL collection (esp the 2nd one)!!!!
The midi skirt, love it! Easy, simple n nice...but what about we not so tall people?
xo

Bibi said...

You can go for the maxi skirt. It wont create any divisions on the body since it goes straight down to the feet. Or if at all you still want to go for the midi, try vertical stripes!